Tuesday, February 16, 2010

34 Weeks...

34 WEEKS!!!!! It's so strange it say that I am 34 weeks pregnant. As strange as it is to say it I am certainly feeling the effects of it. Most people say that this is when the baby's movement slows down, however my child did not get that memo! It's as if she is on speed. She's getting bigger and stronger which makes her kicks and jabs that much more painful.
I constantly feel as if I cannot breathe. Honestly, it's like I just got done running a marathon when all I did was roll over! Now, I don't want this to sound as if I'm complaining because I'm not (well a little...not much though.) I am very thankful that my pregnancy has been wonderfully uneventful thus far so perhaps this is nature's way of reminding me that yes I am pregnant.
G is weighing in at 6 pounds and seems to be 17 inches long. Thankfully, she is no longer breech which I never thought I would prefer feet in my ribs rather than a head. The doctor at this point is not worried about her growing too big. His estimated guess is that she will be around 8 to 8 1/2 pounds. You never know though!
Sleep? What's that? I've never heard of such a word. You mean that you don't have to sleep with 5 sometimes 6 pillows for support? And you don't wake up every hour on the hour to either pee or to roll over? Huh...thats weird.
All of this is in good fun. I promise I really do love being pregnant no matter the effects/toll it's taking on my body. I do having a sneaking suspicion though that I'm going to love being a mom even more. Her being healthy and strong is all I can ask for at this point, but if she wanted to lay off using me as a punching bag I wouldn't mind that either!

1 comment:

  1. LOL you're hysterical! Glad everyone is healthy and happy! Here's to Mallory sleeping!!

    ReplyDelete