I know, I know. It's been about 5 1/2 months since I've last posted about anything current in our lives. I am such a slacker! How could I not post something new everyday about this amazing little girl in our lives? Well, I'll tell you. I'm busy. The past 5months in a nutshell...
1. For the summer we were forced back to our homeland of VA because Tater was offered a paid internship there. That means for the entire summer we went back and forth between our parent's houses with a new baby. We were able to save money and our closest family members were able to spend valuable time with Gigi so all in all it wasn't the worst situation we'd ever been in.
2. Gattlyn has grown like a weed! She just keeps going and going and going and going. Will this girl ever slow down? She is in the 95th percentile for both height and weight. No telling where she gets this from, right? ha! Everyday theres a new outfit I say a silent goodbye to and shed a silent tear for as I put it away in the box labled "clothes Gattlyn wore once because she suddenly grew out of them over night."
3. We've moved back to Dayton for Tater to start his 2nd year of law school. Wahoo! On top of his school work he has taken on 2 jobs (teacher's assistant and law clerk.) He is such a hard worker and everyday we watch him trek off to school with a sadness in our hearts. However, everyday we get to celebrate the minute he arrives home! We officially have a "daddy's home" dance.
4. We upgraded our space to a townhome. This is where you "ooohh" and "aaahhh" for us because our entire married life we have lived in tiny shoebox apartments. Though technically we didn't move up that much in square feet somehow having an upstairs makes it seem that much larger. Also, we are the proud owners of a real bonafide couch. No more hand-me-down for us! And thanks to Craigslist we made some money off of it!
5. Gattlyn's accomplishments: She loves to roll over (until she runs into something, that she doesn't like so much); she has developed the cutest laugh- its loud and obnoxious just like her mom's; she's very happy- she loves to smile, smile, smile; she can almost sit up; she loves baby food in all forms- she hasn't meet a meal she doesn't like (she gets it honestly from daddy); she's recently started screeching which we are hoping is just a phase; she likes to be near you but she doesn't like to cuddle kind of like a cat; she likes to jibber jabber and to sing; she is absolutely gorgeous!! What a great baby she is! We have been so blessed with such a super, amazing, special, precious little girl. Our life has been so enriched the minute she stepped in and we can't imagine our life without her. We love you Gattlyn and are so proud of you!
***I am now making a committment to try and update our blog more often. Maybe it will stick or maybe it wont. Baby steps.
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Soup
2 days ago
YAY!!! It sounds like your cute family is thriving!!! Gattlyn is beautiful!!
ReplyDelete