So I finally watched the VMA's (I realize I'm a little behind.) I've always considered myself someone "in the know." I try to keep up with the latest trends or at least know about them and I've always thought I was successful at doing this. I like all the latest music and am familiar with all the latest hollywood gossip. However, there is one piece of today's music I truly don't understand and that is Lady Gaga (or GAGA, GaGa, gaga...whatever.)
I don't get Lady Gaga. Anything that comes out of her mouth I always ask "what did she say?" I find her music very catchy but I don't understand what it is about her that people are enthralled with. Am I simply getting old? Or am I now in a different part of my life that things like this fly over my head? It is truly perplexing! While accepting one of her many awards she said something that caught me off gaurd. Did she really just say "Cher is holding my meat purse?" I admit I am famous for misunderstanding people. I am the person in the room who belts out the wrong lyrics to a song constantly. For example:
Me: (singing to a country song) Charlie Daniels t-shirt rodeo!
Tater: Did you just say t-shirt rodeo?
Me: Um, yeah thats what he says...
Tater: Its 'don't let this charlie daniels t-shirt throw ya"
Me: oh
Tater: Didn't you ask yourself what a t-shirt rodeo was?
Me: I figured it was a cool place where people all wore the same t-shirts and rode bulls...
So when Lady Gaga says meat purse I think to myself that I must have misunderstood her. Maybe she said beet purse or my neat purse...After close inspection of what she was wearing I realize that she really did say meat purse because she is wearing a dress that looks like a piece of raw meat. Ew. And there is a chunck of what must be prime rib stuck on her head. Is this whats in style? Will I go to Target next week only to find the latest version of raw meat in the form of a purse for the cheap price of $14.99? Surely not. Please no. I will do alot of things in the name of fashion but raw meat is where I draw the line. Humph. Lady Gaga you crazy girl you... Maybe I'm just not meant to understand this woman they call Lady Gaga.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
5 days ago
LOL that's all I have to say.
ReplyDelete