I've always had the plans to keep a name secret until birth because I never wanted to hear negative reactions towards the name I picked out. However, Tater really didn't want to keep it a secret (he's terrible at keeping secrets) and basically told me to get over the fact that everybody has an opinion and sometimes we just simply don't agree with those opinions. So I sucked up my sensitive nature and we decided to spill the beans. Our little girl's name will be Gattlyn Goldie Roan.
We love names with meaning so I will try my best to explain ours. I love to stay for the credits at the end of a movie just to look for names (it seems people in Hollywood always have the coolest names) and one day I saw the name Gattlyn. I loved it and so did Tater so we wrote it on our very long name list. We got to thinking how cool it was that Gattlyn is obviously alot like Gatlinburg, TN. Gatlinburg is where we spent our honeymoon and lots of other special vacations. Also, I grew up in Tennessee and it will always hold a soft spot in my heart and for some odd reason I always wanted one of my children's names to play a special "shout out" to my homeland. I know this sounds so wierd to some of you but it's honestly how my mind works!! So long story short Gattlyn is a special name because it represents my childhood and a big part of my marriage. Trust me- I wish I could just come up with a random name that means absolutely nothing, but I just can't!
Goldie is the name of Tater's beloved grandmother. She was such a huge part of his life as well as a very special woman to him. Tater describes Granny as a second mother to him and words will never be enough to describe the type of love he had for her. Unfortunately, she passed away in February 2008 and after that we knew instantly that our first child would be named after her. We are so grateful that we are able to name our child after such an inspiring, wonderful and loving woman who truly had a heart of gold.
Dill Pickle Chicken Salad
3 days ago
I am SOOO glad I came across your blog! That name is beautiful! And I can't believe how stinkin' cute you are pregnant! Oh wait, yes I can, you look good doing anything! Hope you are all doing well!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful name Mals! I'm so excited, I can't wait till she's finally here!!! :) Love ya lots
ReplyDeleteMelissa