Friday, July 8, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza


This pizza is amazing! Back in May we visited our really good friends, the Judds in Omaha, NE. During our visit Chelsey made us this delicious pizza. It instantly became a favorite of Tate's. It is so good that you are going to have to make it just to try it for yourself. It's also super easy and quick to make.

So, something new I discovered is Rhode's Rolls. Well, let me clarify. I've known about them and have had them as rolls (which are awesome) but I didn't know all the different things you can do with them. This pizza's crust is Rhode's Rolls. It's nice and thin and the perfect pizza crust.

So here is what you need:

Everything is eye-balled. It all depends on your tastes and preferences. If you like a lot of spinach then pack it on or if your not a huge fan of cilantro then go easy with it. Whatever you want to do it's your pizza so have it your way!

  • Bottle KC bbq sauce
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Cilantro, chopped
  • Spinach, chopped
  • Red onion, chopped
  • Bacon, crumbled
  • Oven roasted chicken breasts, shredded (about 2-3, I simply threw some salt and pepper on them and put them in the oven about 40 mins. on 350....I also did it ahead of time to save in my prep time)
  • Rhode's Rolls-about 14-15, place on greased cookie sheet and cover with greased plastic wrap, let rise
Should look like this. (Remember, they take at least 5 hours to thaw and rise so take them out in the morning and let them be)

Now, work the dough and flatten it out onto the pan like this...


You gotta pinch the sides together so they stay. Now, pre-bake your crust at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Then cover it with your bbq sauce and the rest of your ingredients. Return to oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crust is brown. Delicious!


I think the great thing about this recipe is that it can be transformed into any type of pizza that you like. I may just have to use Rhode's now as my new go-to crust. I also have a great recipe of Cheesy Ranch Bread using Rhode's. I may just make some to share with you. Keep posted!

Thank you Chelsey for your awesome recipe. You make such delicious food that I only wish I was half the cook that you are! Keep them coming.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! i'm going to try this tonight. I love Rhodes, they are so versatile. Thanks Mal!

    ReplyDelete