Monday, March 22, 2010

The Last Post....(for a little while)

I have decided that I would make my last post since coming soon I will be on a temporary hiatus. I can't believe today is Monday and by Friday of this week I will be a mom. Mom...weird! I would like to say that this pregnancy felt fast, but it hasn't. It honestly felt torturously slow.

Let me start at the beginning. As most of you know it took us lots of time, patience, money, medicine, procedures and tears for us to become pregnant. Once I found out that we were expecting I lived everyday as if I were in a glass bubble. I was so scared to do anything physical because I constantly thought of the worst. Everyday I told myself "If only I can get to week ____" and I would fill in the number. I would like to say that at a certain week it got better and I magically relaxed and became a normal person...yea, that never happened. The first 20 weeks I literally lived on pins and needles.

Finally, we made it to the point where we got to find out who it was living in my belly. That day was stressful and though I wasn't laughing then I actually can laugh about it now. Our little girl decided it would be funny to not show us her "goods" and made us drive down to Cincinnati two days later to a pregnancy spa to find out who she was! The first couple of weeks after knowing she's a she were a lot of fun because I got to shop around, officially pick out her nursery and all kinds of things. Yet, after the newness wore off I went back to being impatient. After you find out the sex theres nothing else to look forward to except the birth and thats still a ways away.

Waiting, waiting, waiting. It felt like all I did was wait. I wanted to be pregnant so badly for so long that the entire experience never felt real and the only way for me to believe what was happening was to see the proof! I know that must seem a little extreme to some of you, but thats just how it was for me. I know this must sound like I'm complaining, but I promise I'm not.

I have truly loved being pregnant. I am so blessed that I got to experience this amazing miracle. I loved hearing the heartbeat of a special person growing inside me. I loved feeling her get stronger and stronger everyday. I never thought the feeling of being kicked would be so comforting. I loved watching my husband rub my belly and talk to our daughter. Those times when she would wake me up felt special because it felt like a moment only the two of us knew about. I loved feeling my own heart swell and fall in love with this little person whom I'd never met. No words will ever be able to describe the experience I had from the moment I saw a plus sign to the moment I walk into the hospital for the final time. I truly cannot wait to meet this little girl.

Tater and I would like to thank all of you who supported us through the trial of "trying," through the experience of pregnancy and most importantly for going to be there for us when she's finally here. We know we could never do this without family or friends who love and support us. I guess this is it for now! I will do my best to not take so long to post about this amazing experience that will be happening on Friday! My love to all!

3 comments:

  1. We are just so thrilled for the two of you and your families. I was talking to your mom on Sun and she was so elated she could hardly contain herself. Good luck on Fri and once you are a little settled in, post so pictures for us so we can meet baby G!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO amazing! All happiness and joy to you! Here's to being a new Mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stoked for you Mal!!! Good luck! You will rock at mommyhood. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete