Monday, March 1, 2010

Patience, Patience, Patience...

Last Friday night I ended up in the hospital due to dehydration. Who knew water was actually good for you? Anyways, while laying on my hospital bed adorned in a beautiful hospital gown and hooked to a bunch of crazy machines it made me realize that I REALLY want to meet my daughter. Like, NOW. Honestly, I was a little disappointed to leave empty handed that night. Is that weird to feel that way? I really don't know. I know, I know I want/need her to cook for as long as she can and that she will come when the time is right BUT thats alot easier said than done. Now that the time is literally right around the corner I want it to happen now. I'm starting to get really impatient. Every little pain or twinge that I feel I'm wondering "Did that mean something?" "Should I stop everyting I'm doing and start sprinting for the hospital?" or my personal favorite "What the crap was that?!" I really hope all of these psycho feelings and worries are normal, because it's all I can think about. Ok, so I will stop freaking out now and just start to breathe a little.....

I'm ok...

I'm ok...


Was that a contraction?! Ha! Just kidding...

3 comments:

  1. When they actually arrive, there's the moment of panic when you think, "Wait a minute, I'm not ready!!!"
    You'll be a great mom, I'm certain of it. And there's been research done that suggests chocolate milk is actually more hydrating than water, if that makes you happier. :) Worked wonders for me, since I was up to literally 3 quarts of water a day with Ashlyn and it wasn't making a difference. The info came straight from my ob, too. I love chocolate milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate when people say this (in their all-knowing voice) "oh you just wait, this is just the beginning?"
    yeah, me too. so I am not saying that...
    Hang in there.
    And glad you are ok. That happened to me with F--it's the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mal when i went into pre term labor with bree at 34 wks i was freaking out after for a bit...but then she didnt come and the dr kept telling me he was expecting her to come any day after that...i was going crazy cuz i wanted her here like right then! you cant get teased like that. you already are so emotional and paranoid anyway. i totally experienced the same feelings as you...completely normal...

    ReplyDelete