There wasn't a night I wasn't completely consumed with anxiety over what was to come. Even though T had school the next day and needed his sleep, he would just simply turn over, rub my arm and tell me it was all going to be okay. Sometimes his calmness bugged me to death! Why wasn't he stressed like me? Why wasn't he having the same worries I was having? Then sometimes his calmness did just that for me...it calmed me. It reminded me that this is what we wanted and that I wasn't going to be doing any of this alone. That no matter what, whether she liked us or hated us, we were doing it together.
The night before my scheduled c-section, after dinner with our parents, T and I were laying in bed and I remember him saying how excited he was for tomorrow. I loved that he said that! I'm sure a lot of first time dads show fear the night before their lives are to change forever, but not Tater. He once told me that becoming pregnant was the one thing in life he was the most sure about. He's always known the type of dad he wanted to be, the type of dad I wanted him to be, and the type of dad his child (future children) deserve. He was truly excited for G's arrival because he knew that being her dad was going to be the best role of his life. He also knew he was going to be good at it because he was prepared and because it was something he so desperately wanted.
To say I am lucky to have him as the father of my children is putting it mildly. I am so thankful for him being such a hardworking, loving, and attentive father (and husband.) He inspires me daily while pushing me to be a better mother.
Thanks babe for all you do! Love- Mal and Your Gattlyn Girl xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment